Thursday, December 18, 2008

Love food, hate waste

Given my well know interest in growing food and avoiding food waste, the following issue was bound to catch my attention. Gateshead Council is running a competition as part of a programme to raise awareness of waste issues. The competition is to write the. most interesting recipes using food that would otherwise be thrown out. The prize for the best is a meal for two at the Southern Indian Cuisine Restaurant. Anyone wanting to enter can email their recipes to recycling@gateshead.gov.uk. Closing date is 5th January. I would enter myself is I wasn't a councillor! All entries could be published and the 20 best will win a copy of "Eat Well, Waste Less" by Bish Muir.

So, it you have any good recipes or tips, send them in.

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: