Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Nearly the wrong trousers

It is a rare event but it has just happened. I left Cowley St in the early evening. The reason - to get my trousers back! I got a new suit a few days ago but the trousers were too long. So they went to a tailors yesterday and were ready at 5pm today. The problem was that at first they couldn't find them and kept offering me the wrong trousers. Eventually they turned up. Problem solved. I am now heading back to the flat.

It's bad news at Marks and Spencer. Store closures and redundancies. I worked as a trainee manager with M&S in the early 90s. They used to make big profits then though I very much doubt that that had anything to do with me! They went through a major revamp a few years ago after profits slipped badly. Seems as though they may have to do the same again.

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: