So with 2006 about to close, here are my top 10 highlights of the year, in reverse order:
10. Running the local election campaign in Gateshead that saw us grab one seat from Labour, slash Labour's hold on another ward by 90% and trebble our majority in our most marginal ward.
9. Changing jobs from Lib Dem Policy Officer to "Intelligence Officer"! (It's a good ice breaker at parties!)
8. Being in the photographers' scrum around Ming Campbell after the declaration of the leadership result.
7. Catching Francis Maude on his off moment at Tory conference on video and making sure it went on YouTube.
6. Discovering Blogger.
5. Getting the Royal Mail proposals through conference.
4. Photographing old American cars in Havana, Cuba.
3. Seeing the tax proposals go through conference.
2. Visiting the former secret Soviet submarine base in the Crimea.
1. Discovering YouTube (which has revolutionised my video output for constituents!)
If anyone has any highlights - or lowlights - that involve me and are not included above, I'd love to know about them!