Thursday, April 05, 2007

My nomination is in as well

A number of bloggers have posted that their nomination papers are now in and accepted. And one or two are even returned unopposed. Not to be left behind, I suppose I had better mention that my nomination is submitted for the Liberal Democratic Republic of Whickham South and Sunniside in Gateshead. Last year my colleague Marilynn Ord got about 66%.

I can't remember who stood for the Conservatives last year (they put out no leaflets, do no work and don't turn up for the count). I guess there will be a repeat of their non-existent campaign this year. The Conservatives are, after all, dead in the water in Gateshead.

Labour are fielding the same candidate as last year. A pleasant enough chap, he'll probably get out one leaflet and hope that's enough not to get him elected!

8 comments:

George Dutton said...

"The Conservatives are, after all, dead in the water in Gateshead."

They rule Gateshead under the name of New Labour.

Labour are fielding the same candidate as last year. A pleasant enough chap, he'll probably get out one leaflet and hope that's enough not to get him elected!

Anyone in New Labour is not pleasant I can assure you. It is a contradictions in terms.

Ian Ridley said...

Whatever you do - make sure you do enough campaigning and canvassing to ensure you win. There are several examples (in all parties) where councillors have been taken unawares by the opposition.

George Dutton said...

I had a New Labour councillor at my door the other week. After 20 mins with me he said New Labour will not bother me again not even to put their newsletter through my door. Wonder what could have made him say that?. He was telling me that he was against Trident, it was all his party's fault?. I kid you not.

George Dutton said...

The LOCAL Lib Dems have the votes of this household. Peter Craig is an outstanding Councillor and will fight tooth and nail against what is really a totalaterian New Labour run Gateshead council. I speak from experience, Peter and the Lib Dems were the only ones to help me (a disabled person) when New Labour Councillors didn`t want to know. I am going to put a Lib Dem poster in my window if I can get hold of one?.

George Dutton said...

When you start to believe in miracles more then you do in New Labour then it`s time to get rid of New Labour.

George Dutton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George Dutton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
George Dutton said...

May the 3rd is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, in its place is something that you left behind let it be something good,vote Lib Dem to run Gateshead council.