Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Promoted to vice chair of scrutiny

When I left Cowley St last year, one of my aims was to take up a role on the Lib Dems' front bench on Gateshead Council. We held our group meeting last night and the result is that I have been chosen as one of the party's five vice-chairs of scrutiny committees. Assuming the Labour group at full council on Friday does not block this appointment, and I can't imagine they would, then I shall be in place as of the end of the week.

Meanwhile, I've had some interesting discussions with constituents whilst out and about in my village. Whilst walking back from the allotment this morning, one constituent said to me he thought Nick Clegg had done very well in getting so many policies agreed by the coalition. Another constituent told me yesterday, "Nick Clegg should be Prime Minister, not deputy!"

No comments: