Friday, July 16, 2010

I'm not doing political comments today

This morning I went to the funeral of Councillor Frank Donovan. Frank was a widely respected and liked member of Gateshead Council. His funeral was held in Bensham and back at the Civic Centre afterwards, I was able to have a quick word with his daughter Catherine, who is also a Council Cabinet member in Gateshead. Because of the funeral I am making no political comments today.

This afternoon, my two ward colleagues - Marilynn Ord and John Mclurey - and I had a meeting with housing officers about Sun Hill aged persons accommodation in Sunniside village. There has been an issue about decent homes standard and replacing the existing building with a new one so that the current bedsit arrangement can end. This is going to be an on going issue and will come to the Council Cabinet for a decision later this year.

My exercise this evening was to deliver a couple of streets in the Whickham part of our patch with our survey on the Coalition. We will be calling back for replies tomorrow. Back home I had a large crop of raspberries and strawberries from the allotment to turn into jam. There we have it, jam today from the Liberal Democrats!

No comments: