Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend round up

I spent surprisingly little time on the allotment over the weekend. A couple of hours weeding on Saturday and a visit to check all was well on Sunday. Looks as though we are heading for bumper rhubarb, onion and garlic crops. And everything planted in the new greenhouse is coming along in leaps and bounds. Otherwise, nothing new planted (but there's plenty coming up).

It was however something of a history weekend (history, not historic!) I did some research on various old buildings in the Whickham area. And yesterday, I had lunch with a couple of historian friends of mine in Tynemouth, Norman McCord and Frank Manders, hopefully getting them interested in some of the work I am preparing. Meanwhile, I filmed more of a video I am working on.

I am now on the train to London. It will be a short visit. I come back home on Wednesday for full council on Thursday.

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: