Thursday, April 09, 2009

What possessed me to get this train?

I guess the answer to my own question is the availability of tickets. Normally I try to avoid getting the 10pm train out of Kings Cross to Newcastle. I have been quite successful at avoiding it for the past year or so. But not tonight. I guess there has been a rush of people to get tickets on the earlier trains due to the bank holiday tomorrow. The additional drawback with this service is that we all have to change at York. Literally, everyone on the train, including the crew, transfers across the plaform at York station, and then waits of the other train for about 25 minutes until it is scheduled to leave. For this frustrating activity, I am not going to blame National Express. GNER used to do the same thing.

I am not expecting to get home until about 2.30am. I have a weekend of allotment gardening and video making but tomorrow morning I am having a lie in!

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: