Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Cameroonie Luv Fest - absolutely final report

Dare I say it, but it's great to be back at work after experiencing the Cameroonie Luv Fest. Sorry to all those readers who were hoping for a live update from Bournemouth today! Nevertheless, the entries from Beautiful Bournemouth appear to have been well read with 236 hits on the blog yesterday, the largest number I have received in any one day.

There are a few things we can learn from the Conservative conference - no I don't mean dropping the idea of having motions and debates! I don't think we should go down the "Who wants to be a millionaire" style voting on "hot topics" but we should look further at allowing txt messaging and emailing during debates from people who may or may not be members and may or may not be at conference. we could put the most interesting up on the screen in the hall. It could be a useful way of boosting participation without having to attend conference.

I also think we need to make more use of video as well. We have made a start at our own conference with interviews with Ming and senior MPs. I videoed a couple of fringe meetings myself. At the Tory conference, I saw a team of Conservatives randomly choosing people to interview about conference. When in the queue for the sandwich bar the person behind me was interviewed about what he thoguh of the venue and the way the conference was going. It was a relaxed and quite amusing approach that nevertheless would make for a good video story about conference.

Anyway, we are about to watch on tv Cameroonie serenade the Tory faithful. So sick bag at the ready.......

No comments: