Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blog survey

I've just spent the past hour filling in a survey for the School of Library, Archive and Information Studies at University College London about blogging and its impact on political debate, constituents and the media.

It asked why I do a blog. For political comment I think is what a great many political bloggers are expected to write. Okay, yes I do write some political commentary but thanks to the Lib Dem readership of this blog, I rapidly discovered that what people expect from me are "Hello"style magazine photos (as a number of people have described them to me!) of Chris Rennard's BBQs and anything from the Sedgefield by-election (which resulted in over 4000 additional hits on the blog).

Meanwhile, some colleagues (and family members) read the blog just to find out what I'm doing and where I am. Whilst others are more interested in reading about what home made jam I am providing this week for Cowley Street!

And so, alas, my political comments tend to take second preference to the human interest bits!

No comments: