Friday, August 31, 2007

Why do new jeans have to have a worn look?

A friend went to a shop this evening and bought 2 pairs of jeans. Both come with the ready worn look. He gave one of the pairs to me. Thank you! But I don't quite understand the fashion requirement that new clothes have to look as if they've been worn 100 times before. Surely new clothes should appear as precisely that - new! If I wanted the worn look, I would dig out one of my old pairs which have already enjoyed years of hard work. If I wanted to buy a pair that already looked worn, I'd go to a jumble sale. And because all my clothes already look worn the last thing I would do is biuy the worn look!

Or am I just getting old!?

---
Sent via BlackBerry

2 comments:

Stephen Tall said...

And have you noticed that the policemen are getting younger too, Jonathan...? ;)

Jonathan Wallace said...

Alas, yes I have!