Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Friday, November 13, 2020
We have had 2 more eFocuses published in Gateshead this week. The first was for Low Fell, bringing the total number of editions to 76. Issues covered include:
- Call for plan to remove barriers
- Remembrance in Low Fell
- Progress on getting a new free cash machine on the Fell
- Covid testing centre opens at Central Library
- Low Fell library's Ring and Read Service
- Remembrance wreaths laid in Whickham, Dunston, Swalwell and Marley Hill;
- Award for Chase Park;
- Covid testing centre opens next to the Central Library;
- Dentists are still open;
- Ring and Read at Whickham Library;
- Whinnies pop up shop;
- Whickham Christmas tree in place;
- 70s quiz - all welcome to join in;
- Next virtual coffee morning;
- Whickham Rotary backs local communities.
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Monday, November 09, 2020
No Remembrance Sunday parades today in the Whickham area. Instead, local groups and organisations laid wreaths throughout the day at the various war memorials in the area. I took part in the 2 minutes silence at 11am. A few others in our street did so as well.
Saturday, November 07, 2020
Wednesday, November 04, 2020
Monday, November 02, 2020
Tomorrow is polling day, not for us but for the USA. Biden is ahead in the polls. Lots of early and postal voting has taken place and it is believed this will benefit the Democrats. But there is that nagging doubt at the back of my mind . Could Trump win again? After all, he wasn't supposed to win last time. The polls had Hilary Clinton ahead. Indeed, she was ahead in the popular vote by 3 million. The electoral college however is the child of the first past the post voting system which declared as winner the person who was 2nd past the post. So, I will believe Trump is beaten only when I have actually seen it happen.
Good luck Democrats tomorrow.