Monday, November 20, 2006

Oh deer

Getting the 9am train is a decision forced on me, rather than one I deliberately choose. The reason is that the train leaves in the rush hour so we have to run the gauntlet of congested Tyneside to get to the station. A journey that takes ten minutes before the rushhour took 40 min this morning.

However, this allowed me to see something I haven't seen in my area for 30 years. Whilst waiting in the queue of traffic about 2km down the road from my village of Sunniside, I spotted a roe deer in the woods that are now part of Watergate Forest Park. I wasn't even a teenager when I last saw wild deer living in our area. Seems as though nature is recolonising an area of land that was until fifteen years ago a mining wasteland.


---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: