Friday, February 20, 2009

Heading home

I am currently on the train heading back to Newcastle and I am taking a few moments away from the book I am reading (about wiild foods) to do an update about the coming weekend.

First, news from the family. Esther, my sister who was rushed into hospital whilst on holiday in Jamaica in now back home. Seems as though she is in good shape and was able to catch her scheduled flight. I also suppose it gives an new meaning to the term "health tourism"!

Meanwhile, I have the inevitable round of Focus production and delivery to perform this weekend. We are busy consulting in my village of Sunniside about the plans for traffic lights that we have fought for years to get. So we have to deliver the consultation forms with the Sunniside Focus and I know there are two patches waiting for me to do when I get back.

The saga of our greenhouse continues to run and run. We hope to finish building it this weekend. You'll get to see the photos and inevitable video soon! We are also off to Hexham to go to the garden centre there and also visit Gibside to go to the farmers' market. Should be fun.

Anyway, we are just pulling out of Newark Station on my National Express train, with its flashy new timetable which takes much longer to get to Newcastle. Amazing to think just a few weeks ago that National Excess were announcing an exciting new timetable with quicker journey times. Perhaps we have differing understandings of the word "quicker".

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: