Tuesday, June 29, 2010

An impromptu mini-public meeting

I had to go into Gateshead this morning for a meeting of Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums Committee. As I was waiting at the bus stop, residents started to quiz me about various local issues. It turned out to be something of a mini public meeting for enough people as could be crammed into a bus shelter.

Meanwhile, over to the archives and museums committee. I am one of Gateshead's three reps on the joint committee. I was on the two former joint committes that previously ran the two services (they were merged last year) until 2000 when my London job required my resignaiton. Now that I am largely (though not entirely) free of my London role, I was able to pick up in May where I left off a decade ago. Being an historian, the committee is something of which I am very pleased to be a member.

No comments: