Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Approaching the end of the delivery treadmill



Light at the end of the tunnel. The piles of leaflets are now almost gone though I am about to go to the office to print another batch to replenish the diminished stock of literature. Yesterday I was delivering both in Dunston Hill and Whickham East (see above photo) and in Whickham North. Though my shoes were worn out over the weekend, I found an old pair in the wardrobe. The soles were split but they were robust enough to get a few days of pounding.



We are pressing the tactical vote message very strongly in Dunston Hill and Whickham East. Labour clung on by 78 votes last year and we need only one in 10 of those who voted Conservative, UKIP and Green to switch to us to defeat Labour in the ward. The unanswered question is what way those who will turn out because of the general election vote in the locals. They haven't voted since 2010. We have canvassed this group and the results are good but, unlike the eggs that are currently hatching in one of my incubators, I'm not counting any political chickens until the  ballot boxes have hatched.


No comments: