Friday, October 14, 2022

One invite leads to another

 

On Monday I was the guest speaker at the Mothers' Union in Whickham. I was first booked to give a talk last year but covid delayed things for a year. I wasn't sure if I had on my history, self-sufficiency or local politics hat on when the invite was made but I offered to speak on a number of issues and they opted for history. I spoke about the Romans in Washingwell where a fort was discovered in the 1970s. And then I talked about my theory that there are the remains of a medieval fort in Washingwell Woods and a smaller one next to Clover Hill School.

The talk went down well with the result that my contact details were passed onto the Whickham U3A who have now invited me to speak to them in February. This time the talk will be about "Living the Good Life"

No comments: