Monday, January 15, 2007

Back from a flooded York

I went to York on Friday for a weekend seminar for councillors on safer communities. Put on by the Association of Councillors (a cross party group to which Gateshead Council signs up all its members), I rarely find them of use and frankly I am finding it increasingly difficult to accept they are value for money. In my 20 years as a councillor (well, 20 years in May) I have attended one a year. It was however a useful opportunity to discuss some campaign issues with some of my Lib Dem colleagues.

The recent heavy rain meant that the River Ouse had burst its banks so David and I went down on Saturday morning to the city centre to shoot some video. It's still on the camera and I haven't had a chance to upload it to the PC to put on YouTube. I spent this afternoon after getting back from York writing Focus leaflets and then went down to the office to print them.

Since it is now 12.45am and I have to get up at 5.30am to catch a train to London, I will not spend the next few minutes editing the York video clips! I'll do that some other time.

No comments: