Thursday, July 31, 2008

By-election leaflet being delivered

I crawled out of bed at 5am and was greeted by a pleasant sunrise as well as a pile of leaflets for delivery. I completed the two rounds I had to do by 6.30am and was back to my house in time for helpers arriving at 7am to take away more leaflets for delivery.

The weather forecast is predicting showers this afternoon. Hopefully short ones. A nice sunny day to bring out the vote (ie the Lib Dem vote, not that of our opponents) is what I am after.

Labour have delivered a letter to people who vote at polling stations on Monday and Tuesday. I got one as did David and my mother. Unless I have missed the Tories putting out a leaflet today (and I very much doubt that I have) there is nothing to show that there has been a revival in the Tory organisation here which collapsed and rotted away years ago. That is not to say there will not be a revival in the Tory vote, but that is based on their improved standing nationally (assuming of course there is a recovery in the Tory vote). Tactically for us, the best result is Tories in 3rd place though given the dire state of the Labour vote, I doubt that will happen.

No comments: