Thursday, April 10, 2014

Tim Farron in Newcastle


My old university friend Tim Farron MP was back on his old Newcastle stomping ground yesterday. We went to Newcastle University together in the late 80s. Tim ended up doing a year as the students' union president. I went off to try to get elected to Parliament. A generation later he got to Parliament and became Lib Dem President whilst I ended up taking early retirement (at 46) from the rat race to keep hens and goats (and make food videos!) 

Tim was in town to launch the North East Lib Dem European campaign. I met up with him at a "pizza and plonk" party in High Heaton in Newcastle last night. Quite an good event. I rather enjoyed it. I then had to leave before the end to get home and close up my hen and duck houses before the foxes arrived.

No comments: