Friday, April 11, 2014

Tree planting at Marley Hill



In December we had a permanent Christmas tree planted at the front of Marley Hill Community Centre. And then the storms came and partly blew the tree over. So this afternoon, my ward colleague, Cllr John McClurey, and I reset the tree. I brought up a couple of 2 metre high posts which I hadn't got round to using to fence in my livestock. With the help of a pile driver I borrowed from a friend, we installed the posts which now keep the tree upright.

In London we had a Norwegian spruce in a large pot which we never got round to planting in our garden there. The last time I was there with the car, I brought the tree back home to Gateshead so that it could be planted in the grounds of Marley Hill Community Centre. We did that job this afternoon as well. It is only about 1.5m high but give it a few years and it will be big enough to be decorated at Christmas.

No comments: