Saturday, October 15, 2016

Beating the rations to win the Swalwell quiz

Swalwell Community Centre quiz Oct 16 1

Last night Swalwell Community Centre had their pie and pea supper and quiz. I decided to go but as I normally bomb out of quizzes, I wasn't expecting to win any prizes - sport, entertainment and mucis rounds are usually killers for me. I was on a team named the Goat Lovers (not my idea!) along with my David, my brother Andrew, his friend Matt and Whickham North Councillor Sonya Hawkins though she valiantly struggled through a recent bout of illness to get there.

Contrary to expectations, we won the first bonus prize for the question, what was the last food to come off rationing and in which year? (Meat, 1954 - June to be precise.) Prize was a box of chocolate brazil nuts. And we managed 5 out of six on one of the music rounds. We ended up coming first in the quiz. Top prize was a box of Celebrations and £20 (which we donated back). So a good evening out.

Swalwell Community Centre quiz Oct 16 3

Swalwell Community Centre quiz Oct 16 4

Swalwell Community Centre quiz Oct 16 2

No comments: