Saturday, November 28, 2015

No photos please, we're British

I popped in to the citizenship ceremony taking place in Gateshead Civic Centre on Wednesday. One of my constituents was to be there, having his new British citizenship recognised. I think these are great ceremonies and would love to see them extended to all 16 year olds to mark their adulthood and their citizenship (though we also need to lower the voting age to 16). I was just getting out my camera to take some photos (my attending an event and not taking photos is unthinkable!) when an officer told me that photos were not allowed. This seems a bit odd for a ceremony that celebrates citizenship. Surely it should be something we should be promoting. Sadly, my camera had to be put away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fitting welcome to the land of bullying second rate jobsworths.