Friday, March 12, 2010

Off to sunny Birmingham

It is Lib Dem spring conference this weekend and Birmingham is the lucky location for this gathering. I'm at Newcastle Central Station now, waiting for the train. I got here unreasonably early but at least I had the chance to chat to constituents on the bus on the way in.

Before I started working for the Lib Dems in London in my various guises, conferences were always leisurely affairs for me. Once I took on the HQ role, suddenly I was occupied full time at these half yearly jamborees. When I left Cowley St last year I expected conferences to lighten up a bit for me. And then I launched my business selling video and photography services. My diary for this conference is therefore busier than ever before!

On leaving Cowley St, I also got agreement that I would continue to run the candidate photo ops at conference, in a voluntary capacity. I have three this weekend, with Nick Clegg, Vince Cable and Chris Huhne, all on Saturday.

Anyone at conference wanting other photography, video or audio recording services can catch up with me. I'm based in Hall 5 of the ICC. Or just watch out for the guy running around with the cameras!

---
Sent via BlackBerry

No comments: